Purpose of this Privacy Notice
RPT Group takes the security of your personal information very seriously and is committed to ensuring that your personal information is protected at all times.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to provide you with a clear explanation about how your personal information is collected and used by us during your interaction with us, as well as your rights in relation to your personal information.
This Policy does not cover RPT Group’s presence on social media platforms such as, including but not limited to: YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Flickr, Soundcloud, and on publishing platforms such as, including but not limited to: Issuu, Scribd, Medium on which we have established our own presence. In the context of those platforms, we are merely another user and the privacy policies as well as the terms and conditions of those platforms are applicable.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or our use of your personal information please contact our Data Protection Officer:
We welcome you to use our Website, which can be accessed and browsed without the need to submit any contact details or other Personal Information.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the Personal Information that you provide in the following ways:
- Contacting RPT Group for Recruitment: If you choose to contact us through the Website for recruitment purposes, we will only collect and process the information you voluntarily provide to us in case of interest in the specific profile. In all other cases, a Regret Letter/Message is sent and personal information is removed from our systems.
- Contacting RPT Group for the Provision of Services: If you choose to contact us through the Website for the provision of services, we will pass on this information to the relevant department(s) for the purposes of contacting you for the purposes of providing a quotation and/or request for further information.
We may automatically collect the following information with regard to each of your visits to the Website:
- Like most websites, our Website may place a “cookie” – a small text file – in the browser of your computer. This cookie will assign you a unique number that allows us to save your information so that the information does not need to be re-entered. Cookies can be either “persistent” or “session” based. Our Website uses both types of cookies.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date (by default the cookies expire after 23 days), and may be used to track your browsing behaviour upon return to the issuing website or component (such as plugins or embedded media, e.g., a YouTube video embedded on our website). You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your internet browser’s “Help” menu.
- Session cookies are short-lived, are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
- Technical information, including the operating system and platform, browser type and version, cookies, and Log Data (this is information your browser sends whenever you visit a website. It may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use and any advertisements on which you click; and
- Use of information
Your Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
- If you have signed up to receive email updates, etc. via the registration form on our Website, your Personal Information will be used by us to send you via MailChimp the requested publications.
- If you have contacted us via the contact details provided on our Website, we will use the information you have provided, including your name and email address, to respond to your inquiry.
- Any Personal Information you submit when applying for career opportunities will be used solely for recruitment purposes (including for identifying job applicants, evaluating applications, making hiring and employment decisions, and contacting you by phone or in writing).
- Any information you provide to us offline will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it, e.g., if you provide us with your business card and request that we send you information, newsletter etc.
Your information may also be used for technical purposes, including:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- statistical purposes.
Disclosure of information
We will never share your Personal Information with any other company or third party without your consent, except in the following circumstances (each as permitted by applicable law, in particular, with regard to a transfer out of the EEA, as applicable):
- as set out in this Policy;
- when we are required to do so by law, for example, in response to a subpoena, in response to a court order or other legal obligation, or in response to a valid request from a law enforcement agency;
- to protect the security or confidentiality of our records and systems;
- in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights, or
- in the event that we sell or transfer all, or any portion of, our business or assets (including in the event of any reorganisation, dissolution, spin-off, or liquidation) we reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information to the relevant acquirer, successor, purchaser or beneficiary, or any appropriate combination of them.
International data transfers
- We operate globally and may have a need to transfer certain Personal Information to countries outside the EEA which do not provide an adequate level of security as required under EU data protection law. We use Standard Contractual Clauses to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected and your privacy respected in the case of such a transfer.
- We use reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information and to store it securely. Our Website has a secure SSL certificate, a global standard security technology that enables encrypted communication between the web browser and the web server.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your Personal Information, but cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Storage and accuracy of information
- The accuracy of your Personal Information is important to us. If you change your email address or would like to change your email preferences, you may do so by clicking “update your preferences” at the bottom of each of our email updates to which you have subscribed.
- The Personal Information you provide when signing up for our email updates is stored on Mailchimp’s servers in the United States.
- All other Personal Information that you provide to us is stored on our server in Germany and kept in a reasonably secure environment. We will only store your Personal Information in our systems for as long as is necessary.
- We do not share your Personal Information with third parties without your consent except in the limited circumstances set out in section 3 above.
Your legal rights
You have a number of legal rights surrounding your personal information, including:
- the right to access and copy your personal information;
- the right to obtain correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information;
- the right to have your personal information deleted;
- the right to restrict or object to Lloyd’s Register’s processing of your personal information;
- the right to withdraw your consent to our processing at any time
Please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise any of your legal rights. We will respond to any rights that you exercise within one month of receiving your request, unless the request is complex or involves a significant amount of data, in which case we will respond within three months.
- Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com